Monday, November 22, 2010

Fanggg. xD

FANG! :DD
Picture (c) by me, yo.

Haha, ya like that, do you?! xDD Well, I'm extremely bored. I have no idea why I added that picture ^^ to this blog. Hah. I'm just so dang bored. Anyhoo, that's Fang. From the Maximum Ride novels by James Patterson. Yes, those are wings! He's 2% avian, dontcha know? Bahh, this is kind of an old photo, when I was still trying to develop my style, so it's a little weird looking. I'm better at drawing now. I drew this while I was waiting for my piano lessons! So it took approximately 30-45 minutes. I'd say that's kinda good, considering I didn't use a reference or ANYTHING. That's straight from my mind, yo. I like it at least. Nobody said you had to! :P Anyways, a little bit about this guy; Fang is about 14 years old. Like I said, he's 2% avian (which is bird, for you guys who don't know what the word avian means). When he was a baby, he somehow ended up at this place called the School that tests on people, trying to make them better. Like, we'd all live a lot longer if we had some tortoise DNA in us. Or, we'd be able to breathe underwater if we had some fish DNA. Anyways, that's what happened to him, and 5 others--Max, Angel, Nudge, the Gasman and Iggy. Basically, Fang is an emo bird-kid. Well, personally, I wouldn't say emo. The author, James Patterson, always tries to play him off as emo, but he doesn't act like it. He doesn't go in his room, turn up the screamo/emo music and hurt himself. Nooooo. He just... I dunno, lives? Normally. Well, as normal as a kid with bird wings can. Anyways, he's awesome. Until the last book of the series (well, the last book that came out). Then, he's just stupid. Why? BECAUSE HE LEAVES. Him and Max (Max is a girl, by the way. Maximum Ride) had a 'thing' and he pulls an Eddy-C, thinks it'd be safer and better for Max if he leaves, and he just goes, only leaving behind a note. A freaking note! Not to mention, it's the cheesiest, stupid, most ridiculous note in the whole world. If somebody left me a note saying what Fang said in his, I'd roundhouse kick them in the face. It was... ugh! Infuriating. I'd post it, but you might vomit when you read it. Next time your at the bookstore, go pick up a copy of FANG by James Patterson, skip to the end and read the letter he wrote. It's so out of character it's not even funny. Like, oh yeah, Fangs the bad boy emo kid, whose quiet and can kill someone with a punch, but he goes and leaves a sappy letter. You know what, I'm going to post the cheesiest part, so you know what I'm talking about. Here it is, oh, and I do not own this. This excerpt belongs to (c) James Patterson, from the book FANG: A Maximum Ride novel:

"I love you. I love your smile, your snarl, your grin, your face when you're sleeping. I love your hair streaming out behind you as we fly, with the sunlight making it shine, if it doesn't have too much mud or blood in it. I love seeing your wings spreading out, white and brown and tan and speckled, and the tiny down feathers right at the top of your shoulders. I love your eyes, whether they're cold and calculating or suspicious or laughing and warm, like when your looking at me." (307)

Goodness! You might wanna clean that puke of your keyboard, huh? I mean, wow. Would you expect that from an emo bird kid, or freaking Romeo? Actually, Romeo is better than that. Romeo and Juliet is actually romantic. This? This looks like it should be on freaking Disneychannel!  First of all, need I remind you, Fang is only 14. No 14 year old loves like that, regardless if they have avian DNA in them or not. It's just not like, possible. Secondly, how romantic is that? "if it doesn't have too much mud or blood in it." Yeah, I'd find that offensive. It's so ridiculous it's not even funny. It's very frustrating.

But, he's still pretty awesome. I mean, in the first 5 books, he's great. He's funny and doesn't give a crap what anyone or anybody thinks. Well, except for Max. He's not one of those Eddy-C, Gary Sue characters that can do anything and are so romantic and everybody just looooves them. Well, never mind. I take that back. Basically everybody whose read MaxRide loves Fang. But it's not like your telling your boyfriend to act like Fang, like those twi-hearts out there. "Boyfriend, you need to start acting more like Edward Cullen, or else I'm breaking up with you!" Hah, well, you know what I mean. But he is one of those characters you can't help but like. Like Percy Jackson. Gotta love him. And Ron Weasley. Gotta love Ron Weasley. And Peeta Mellark! Actually, Peeta is in a whole different category of awesomeness. Not gonna lie. Peeta is just plain epic. But this is supposed to be a blog about Fang, not Peeta or Ron or Percy, so yeah. Whenever I write blogs like this, I feel like I have like, ADD or something (and I'm NOT dissing anybody with ADD. One of my good friends has ADD, so yeah). But I'll be talking about something, then quickly think about something else and have to write that down. This blog is mainly an organized version of my thoughts. I write what I'm thinking as I go, which is basically why they're jumbled all the time. And it's not like anybody reads this, so it's s'all good!

~secondsfromdisaster24

No comments:

Post a Comment